Friday, August 8, 2014

Worker's Right to Change Doctor

So, you feel trapped because your supervisor said you must go to WorkMed?  Good news:  Utah law allows injured workers to "make one change of doctor without requesting the permission of the [work comp insurance] carrier."  Here's the catch:  You must notify the insurance adjustor who your new doctor will be so the adjustor knows what bills are related to your industrial accident.  If the WorkMed doctor refers you to a specialist, that change of doctor does not count against you.  If anyone asks you, this rule is at R612-2-9(A)(2).

Have a question?  Call me at (435) 592-1235 or visit

No comments:

Post a Comment